Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Family Visits and Baseball

I'm still catching up on the blog. Surprise, surprise. One day I'll blog in real-time.

At the end of August, my Mom, cousin, and his girlfriend came to visit. My cousin is a huge Boston Red Sox fan and when he found out they were playing the Texas Rangers, we had to get tickets.

They came on a Thursday and we went to the game that evening. My hubby couldn't get off work so, we had to go without him. It was both my Mom and cousin's first professional sporting event. I'm glad I got to experience it with them! We all had a great time together.

We sat next to an interesting group of people from Boston. They were an entertaining bunch! One guy kept dozing off during the game. My cousin would yelp and startle the poor guy.

We were walking back to the car after the game, when a bike cab came by offering us a ride. Our car wasn't very far away, but he insisted. So, after a few minutes of "are you sure," "yeah, we're sure," and "oh, come on,"... we finally gave in and piled in the bike cab. Let me tell you, that guy earned his money/tip with us! :) It was fun and I think we are glad we hopped in after all. Our driver was a hoot and we chatted the whole way to the car.

When he dropped us off, I told him I blogged and asked if we could take a picture with him. Of course, he said yes. So, we took a picture. I just wish my Mom could have been in it.

We had a fun night and weekend. I love it when family comes to visit. It's a wonderful treat!

Me, Mom, K, and J
K, the cab biker, J, and me

Until next time,
XOXO Amanda

1 comment:

  1. I couldn't be in the pic cuz I took the pic. The cab ride was priceless! The highlight of the night for me. Good times!

    ReplyDelete